Top Five Reasons To Advance Your Education
How much is a college degree really worth? According a report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, college graduates with a Bachelor’s degree earn on average 39% more than workers who have only obtained a high school diploma or equivalent. Graduates with a Master’s degree earn 48% more than high school graduates.
Although the potential for a hefty salary increase is reason enough to go back to school, there are many benefits to advancing your education. Whether you are a high school graduate, or a seasoned professional looking to advance in your career, continuing your education is well worth the investment. Listed below are the top 5 reasons why you should consider going back to school:
- Invest in Your Career. Your education should be approached like a business investment. Although it takes time and money up front to complete your courses and obtain a degree, you will see an excellent return on investment that will continue to give back throughout your entire career.
- Enhance Your Skills. It is important to ensure that your knowledge and skills are up-to-date with the trends affecting your industry so employers will continue to view you as a valuable asset to the company. By continuing your education, you can learn new skills and specializations that will allow you to become a more versatile employee and increase your long-term value to employers.
- Demonstrate Value To Employers. An excellent way to demonstrate to employers that you are committed to your career is by going back to school. By investing time and money in continuing your education, you will send a powerful message to employers that you are serious about improving your education and applying new skills to your job. Employers are more likely to hire and retain professionals who show the desire and commitment for lifelong learning, and many even provide tuition reimbursement as added encouragement.
- Discover Your Dream Job. If you are considering switching careers, one of the best ways to learn more about a potential field is through a degree program or by taking related courses. By continuing your education, it can help you better understand what the new career would entail and how to apply your current skill set in the new position. It is best to “test the waters” before jumping into a new career to make sure you are making the right decision.
- Increase Your Earning Potential. Don’t settle for a salary less than you deserve. If you are looking to achieve a higher salary over the life of your career, consider continuing your education. Not only will you increase your marketability to employers, but you will experience a significant increase in your future paychecks!
Get Started Now! Whether you are considering a certificate program, Associate, Bachelor, or Master’s degree, there are a variety of educational programs to fit your lifestyle, schedule and budget. You can even pursue an online educational program if you plan to continue working full-time and are looking for increased flexibility. We encourage you to browse our educational index of over 200 schools or try out our complimentary school matching program.